Designed By: Patrick Dickinson and Daniel Cunningham, Horticulturists, AgriLife Water University
- Covers: 125 sq. ft.
- Includes: 32 starter plants in 3-inch pots
- Exposure: Part Shade to Full Shade
Is your landscape “throwing shade’? This garden just might be the solution to your landscape’s low light levels! Designed to thrive in areas that receive less than 5 hours of sunlight, our UPlantIt: Shade Box includes shade-loving plants, that in addition to offering a variety of textures, will brighten your shady spots by introducing vibrant colors with their foliage and blooms! With three design options, you’ll be able to turn the bare spot in your shady corner, the low light area on the north side of your fence or wall, or the muddy patch under your tree into a garden area that you can be proud of. This garden kit includes 14 different species native or adapted to North Texas, with a total of 32 easy-to-grow plants designed to cover a 125 sq. ft. area. Cool off and relax in the shade this season and take a break from the Texas sun with your very own UPlantIt: Shade Box!
*For larger shaded landscapes, consider combining multiple boxes!
2 boxes will cover a 250 sq. ft. space
3 boxes covers a 375 sq. ft. area
- 32 starter plants with 14 different varieties in 3-inch pots
- Boxed gardens are 2 ft. x 1 ft. in size, they will easily fit in your vehicle
- 3 plant by number layout options (5' x 25' rectangle; 16’ x 16' triangle; and 14' circle)
- Covers: up to 125 sq. ft
- Mature Height: .5 to 6 ft.
- Exposure: Part Shade to Shade
- Duration: Colorful blooms from Spring to Fall
- Benefits: Locally grown, all native and adapted varieties
- AgriLife reserves the right to substitute plant material or quantities of plants in the event they are not available or of the best quality