Products UPlantIt: GARDENING MADE SIMPLE
Do you love gardening but aren’t quite sure which plants to choose for your landscape to blossom? Having trouble finding plants that look great and thrive season after season? Take the guesswork out of finding the right plant for the right spot with perfect plant combinations by purchasing a custom-designed, water-saving UPlantIt boxed garden!
Our pre-planned gardens include sure-fire plants hand-selected by Texas A&M AgriLife Water University Horticulturalists that are proven to flourish in our challenging North Texas soils and in our sometimes harsh and unpredictable climate. START SMALL, SAVE BIG! UPlantIt gardens include 32 starter plants sown in 3-inch pots and bundled into a 2 ft. x 1 ft. box. Each plant is tagged and numbered to correspond with our professional designs to make planting as easy as possible for your DIY installation!
Simply select from our 3 professionally designed PLANT-BY-NUMBER garden layouts to get started converting those empty, bare spaces in your landscape into colorful perennial gardens. Each boxed garden comes with a free comprehensive planting and maintenance guide, including everything you will need to know to prepare for, plant, and manage your new garden for years to come.
- 32 starter plants with 14 different varieties in 3-inch pots
- Boxed gardens are 2 ft. x 1 ft. in size, they will easily fit in your vehicle
- 3 plant by number layout options (5' x 25' rectangle; 16’ x 16' triangle; and 14' circle)
- Covers: up to 125 sq. ft
- Exposure: Plant in Full Sun to Part Shade for best results. (Requires a minimum of 5 hours direct sun per day)
- Mature Height: 1 to 6 ft.
- Duration: Colorful blooms from Spring to Fall
- Benefits: Locally grown, all native and adapted varieties, and pollinator supporting species
Gardens that support pollinators are one of the hottest landscape design trends and a great way to help your problem landscape area take flight! With “The Pollinator Pack” not only will you be giving back to native bees and butterflies, but many species also support our favorite hummingbirds as well! The bonus: These easy to grow plants look great, too! Each plant has been thoughtfully selected to fit perfectly into your colorful pre-designed landscape plan with long blooming pollinator-supporting flowers that are Texas tough. PLUS, the garden includes evergreen and semi-evergreen plant material for year-round interest. Bring your landscape to life with activity with a simple solution that is sure to be the buzz of the neighborhood!
It's Easy as 1, 2, 3
Step 1) Pre-order your UPlantIt Garden (July 1 – September 20 or until supplies last)
Step 2) Pick ONE of the four designated pick-up location in the Dallas – Fort Worth area.*
Step 3) Pick up your plants Saturday, September 28th from 8 am to Noon at your chosen location. **
* Plants MUST be picked up at the pre-chosen location.
**No rainchecks. Unclaimed plants will be donated to a community garden.
- Pre order dates: July 1 – September 20
- Pick-up date: Saturday, September 28
- Pick-up Time: 8 am – Noon
- Pick-up Locations – Choose one
- Texas A&M AgriLife, Dallas Center – 17360 Coit Rd., Dallas, TX 75252
- McKinney Community Center - 2001 S. Central Expressway, McKinney, Texas 75070
- UTRWD – 800 North Kealy Street, Lewisville, Texas 75067
- Resource Connection of Tarrant County – 2300 Circle Dr., Fort Worth, TX 76119